Wednesday 10 July 2013

Writing is more like a marathon than a sprint

When I sat down to begin writing my first novel, I had no idea how long the process would be from inception to publication. Had I known that, for me, it would take years, I am not sure I would have been so enthusiastic as I was when I began. The Last Eagle, which will be released shortly, was my first attempt at writing. I commenced writing it in the fall of 2005 and went through several drafts before I felt it was good enough to send to an agent in the hope of getting my book published. Rejection, followed rejection, so I put it aside for several years and focused on other things in my life. Retiring from the Armed Forces, gave me the time to re-visit my book. Polishing it up, I re-submitted it and this time, I found someone willing to  run with it. An eight-year  odyssey, which I believe has made me a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.